“We will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest.”
Race: Gold Dragonborn
Class: Bard (4) College of Glamour
Xaveria is a monster. A beautiful, glittering, sweet-sounding thing that shouldn’t exist. Her face is unmistakably draconic: the scales that cover her body are a deep yellow-gold and, due to their reflective nature, seem to be made out of actual precious metals. Paler ones hug along her throat and chest and have a more distinct opaline quality. The four golden horns that sweep away from her face are a more dusky golden tone, and in place of hair are two twin, shimmering headfins. Her reptilian mouth seems to be in a perpetual smile, and her aquamarine eyes are wide and attentive. Xaveria’s whole look is of slender elegance, with her elongated neck, arms, and legs. Fins reappear going down her tail and ending in a blade-pattern at the tip. Even the talons at the ends of her fingers and toes have a smooth, pleasing curve. Despite being completely inhuman, Xaveria is undoubtedly aesthetically lovely.
She dresses in fine, flowing silks or dark leathers, preferring style over pure function. One gets the sense that the way she presents herself, down to her posture, has been precisely selected. Lately she’s taken to wearing a dark gossamer dress while not out on missions— a Cashmere original.
However she came into existence, it probably wasn’t pleasant. She’s stated that Dragonborn are created, not born. Created for what purpose?
- Eyes: Vivid aquamarine with slitted pupils
- Hair: Her fins can stretch quite tall, and shimmer in the sunlight
- Height: 5’10" without accounting for the headfins
- Build: Slender with defined, tight-packed muscle. Weighs more than she looks like she should.
- Distinguishing features: Looks like a dragon in human shape. Has claws and tail. Pretty unforgettable.
- Refined tastes
- Plays the Harp-lute
- Seems to know more than a little about Yura
- Has a kobold pupil named Kraith that she’s quite fond of.
- Is high maintenance.
- Was one of the Empty Philosopher’s slaves.
- Developing a seriously antagonistic relationship with Cadfael.
- Favorite foods include: seared meat, quail eggs, red wine, and roasted peppers.
- Stopped wearing armor since shedding her skin. (Yuck?)
- Makes Kraith a bento for missions when she doesn’t accompany him.
- Do You Hear the People Sing by Les Miserables
“Do you hear the people sing?
Singing the songs of angry men?
It is the music of the people
Who will not be slaves again!
When the beating of your heart
Echoes the beating of the drums
There is a life about to start
When tomorrow comes!
Will you join in our crusade?
Who will be strong and stand with me?
Somewhere beyond the barricade
Is there a world you long to see?
Then join in the fight
That will give you the right to be free!”
- The Wind Rises by Joe Hisaishi/Grissini
- The Phantom of the Opera by Andrew Loyd Webber
“And in this labyrinth, where night is blind
The Phantom of the Opera is here/there
…Inside my/your mind…
Sing, my Angel of Music!
…He’s there, the Phantom of the Opera…
Sing for me
Sing, my Angel of Music!
Sing for me!?”